Aquamarine Meaning & Uses
The beautiful and captivating gemstone aquamarine has a rich history with a variety of uses and meanings. It is considered the traditional birthstone for March and is normally a blue-green color, but can be found in various shades of blue or green. The name comes from the Latin words “aqua” (water) and “mare” (sea). It was given to the gemstone because of its stunning color, which is said to resemble the ocean. It is a member of the beryl family and is found in several locations around the world, including Brazil, Madagascar, Mozambique, and Afghanistan. The History of Aquamarine Aquamarine has been prized by people throughout history. Ancient Romans were some of the first to discover and appreciate it. They often used it as a talisman to protect against sea monsters and promote safe travel on the ocean. In medieval times, aquamarine was believed to have powerful healing properties and was used to treat a variety of physical and mental ailments. More recently, it has become a popular choice for jewelry. Its unique color and durability make it an excellent option for a wide range of styles and designs. From elegant pendants to sparkling engagement rings, aquamarine jewelry has become a staple. Uses and Meanings of Aquamarine Some of the most common include:
- Healing and Wellness: Believed to have a calming and soothing energy that can help to promote emotional balance and well-being. It is also said to have healing properties that can help to alleviate physical discomfort, boost the immune system, and promote overall health and well-being.
- Emotional: Believed to help promote inner peace and tranquility, soothe fears and phobias, calm the mind, and improve mental clarity
- Protection: Said to protect against negative energies, both from external sources and from within. It is believed to provide a protective shield around the wearer, promoting peace, safety, and security.
- Love and Relationships: Associated with love and relationships, and is often given as a gift to symbolize the start of a new romance or to celebrate an existing relationship. It is said to promote communication, trust, and mutual understanding in relationships, and to help foster a deeper connection with others.
- Professional: Said to help with communication, boost public speaking skills, and boost confidence